Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gee Article

I think games is a way for students to learn more in class. I agree with Gee when he say that games could be something schools should use so students could learn more. One thing which I see is that when we want to teach something is better if we do it playings games. I remember my sophomore year of high school. In my science class, we had to learn about fossils and we had to play games pretending to find fossils. We had to follow the teacher's rules and also learn the diffent names of the fossils. In a way I think the game helped me in the class because I memorized the names of the things I was using. If teachers do games it would be easier for students to learn stuff. Not only easier, but they HAVE TO memorize it. Also in this class I have learn how to play games. Before I did not know or like video games. But now that I have to play games in the class I'm more into games than before. Gee says that games is a way for people to value things. I think this is true, when someone is playing a game, they want to do the best to win the game. Games also make people get addited. This could be a good reason for schools to use games as a way or teaching, because the more games the students play, the more they will learn.

No comments: